St. Croix Lutheran High School
Although the inspiration for the foundation of Saint Croix Lutheran High School goes back to January, 1957, it was not until 1958 that classes were begun. Classes for that first academic year were conducted in the basement of Saint James Lutheran Church, West St. Paul. In 1960, the student body and faculty moved into the first permanent school building on the campus at 110 Crusader Avenue, West St. Paul.
In 1990, the physical expansion of Saint Croix took a dramatic new turn. While a major fund-raising/expansion campaign was underway, Archbishop Brady High School was closed and placed on the market. The building, located 2 miles northeast of the Crusader site provided an excellent facility to meet the needs of Saint Croix. The site, located at 1200 Oakdale in West St. Paul, was purchased and completely refurbished by thousands of hours of volunteer and contracted work. The "new" and expanded Saint Croix was ready for the first day of school in September of 1992.
The Lord has truly blessed the devotion to Christian education of the founding fathers and those who took up their lead. Saint Croix Lutheran High School is poised to serve the needs of the present and future generations of young people.