During Christmas Break and Spring Break, our student residence is closed. Some of our international students are not able to return to their homes during these closures, creating a need for student homestays, or hosting. We appreciate your interest in this part of our ministry. Additional information about student hosting follows.
- Students may be picked up from school the day school lets out for break. They must be picked up before the dorm closes for break. Band & Choir students are required to participate in the Christmas & Spring Concerts.
- Students will follow your home's routines & guidelines. Set your expectations & guidelines for behavior at the beginning of the stay. We want our students to experience life in an American home, so include them for the fun activities as well as regular chores that your own children do.
- Students are instructed to carry their medical insurance and information with them. If medical attention becomes necessary, fill out a claim form and return it after the break is over. A phone call or email to the school is also appreciated.
- Students should return to St. Croix the day before classes resume, at a time that is convenient for you, but early enough to give the student time to get settled.
- Host families are offered a stipend to help cover the extra expenses incurred with hosting. A $200 stipend is offered at Christmas break, and a $100 stipend is offered for Spring break.
To make arrangements for hosting, or if you have other questions, please contact International Advisor, Tamara Julian, at 651.455.1521 or by email at .