Documentation and Listing Sources
Reference Words and Abbreviations
Proofreading Marks and Abbreviations
Form of Manuscript - Short Paper
- Use standard 8-1/2 by 11 inch white paper, ruled for handwriting, unruled for typing.
- Use no paper with ragged edges or paper torn from spiral bound notebook.
- Papers should be fastened together with a paper clip.
- Black or blue ink should be used for all written work.
B. Arrangement of Page
- Use one side of the paper only.
- All work, hand written or typed, should be double spaced.
- The final copy is to be neat, clean, and free of cross-outs, strikeovers,tears, or creases.
- Center the title approximately two inches from the top of the page.
- Capitalize the first word and all important words in the title.
- No end punctuation should be used after a title. However, if the title is a question, it should be followed with a question mark.
- Leave a space of two lines between the title and the composition.
- Maintain a one inch margin on the left, right, and bottom of the first page.Maintain a one inch margin on all sides of all succeeding pages. Do not justify.
- Begin numbering with page two of text. Use Arabic figures only, without
dashes, periods, or parentheses. Place figure in center of top margin.
- Full name should appear in the right hand corner of the first page
- Course name or number should appear on the second line in upper right hand corner.
- Date the work is submitted should appear on the third line in the upper right hand corner. The endorsement should be single-spaced:
- Place title two inches from the top of the page centered here. This is the first line of your paper. The first sentence should be indented and placed two lines under the title. Remember to double-space your paper.