Tuition and Fees
This document assists parents in understanding the cost of an international student attending Saint Croix Lutheran High School, specifically with student expenses and the payment of tuition and fees.
Resident international student expenses - 2008-09 school Year
Tuition Fee: $13,700.00
Residence Fee: $6,300.00 [includes meals]
Deposit: $1,000.00 [non-refundable; holds place in enrollment]
Application Fee: $100.00 [non-refundable]
TOTAL FEES: $21,100.00
The $100 non-refundable registration fee must be included with the admission application form. Upon receiving the acceptance material, the family must pay the $1,000 deposit if they wish to hold the student’s place in the enrollment. The remaining fee of $20,000 must be paid in full by August 1. Payment is to be made in U.S. currency in the form of a bank draft or a wire transfer. Wire transfer information will be included with acceptance papers.
The residence fee includes the following items:
* Furnished room - Bed, mattress, desk, chair, lamp, mirror, laundry basket, dust bin, clothes closet, mailbox
* Linen - Comforter, blanket, 1 set of sheets and pillowcases, pillow, mattress pad
* Facilities - Coin-operated washing machine and dryers for laundry, microwave for warming food, refrigerator in dining room, coin-operated vending machine
* Telephone – Pay phones are available. Students may have a telephone in their rooms for a monthly cost determined by the telephone company
* Tutorial - Evening study period every weeknight; homework assistance upon request
* Recreation - Student lounge, television, fitness room, gymnasium, several outings planned by supervisors
* Computers with Internet connections – free e-mail account for each dorm student
* A variety of weekend cultural and recreational activities, including such things as museums and historical sites, professional sports games, fitness activities, skiing, touring and shopping, and many other activities to enhance the American experience.
The residence will be closed for the two-week vacation in December and the one-week vacation at Spring Break. If the student wishes to be provided a homestay for those vacations, the school will assist in arranging this, and a fee of $150 per week will be required of the student. NOTE: Homestay fees are NOT included in the above residence fee. If requested, homestays for the shorter vacations will be provided free of charge.
Residence students are provided with meals beginning with late August arrival; continuing until early June departure.
* Monday through Friday - 3 meals per day
* Saturday, Sunday, Public Holidays and some school vacations - brunch and dinner